Types of Socket Screws
There are various types of Socket Screws, also known as Allen Screws but all have an internal Hexagon Drive for use with an Allen Key, Wrench Key or Hexagon Driver.
Socket Head Capscrews - Grade 8.8, 10.9, 12.9 and Stainless Steel.
- Head Height is equal to shank diameter
Low Head Socket Capscrews - Grade 8.8, 10.9, 12.9 and Stainless Steel.
- Head height approximately half the shank diameter designed for applications with head height limitations
Socket Countersunk Screws - Grade 8.8, 10.9 and Stainless Steel.
- Useful for flush applications, (Different head angles for metric and imperial fasteners)
Socket Button Head Screws - Grade 12.9 and Stainless Steel.
- Useful for holding thin materials like sheet metal and guards, due to larger head diameter
- Good Substitute for other drive styles that are prone to stripping such as pozi and slotted
Socket Shoulder Screws - With Hardened and Ground Shoulder
- Used in Press Tools (Stripper Bolts) and also as pivot pins for axles as shoulders are ground to tight tolerance
Socket Setscrews or Grubscrews - Grade 14.9 and Stainless Steel.
- Generally used to secure and object within or against another object, such as pulleys or gears to shafts
We stock a large range of Standard Socket Screws Products in various Materials, Grades and finishes.
Our range of Standard Socket Screws includes but is not limited to the following:
Socket Head Cap Screws DIN.912, ISO.4762
Socket Countersunk Screws DIN.7991, ISO.10642
Socket Button Head Screws ISO.7380
Socket Setscrews DIN.913, DIN.914, DIN.915, DIN.916, DIN.6912, ISO.4026, ISO.4027, ISO.4028, ISO.4029
Socket Shoulder Screws ISO.7379
Socket Pressure Plugs
Archerdale can also source and supply special Socket Screws and associated components manufactured to customer drawings.